Purple Prom Makeup


Prom is fast approaching; and all every girl wants is to look beautiful. You've got the perfect dress, all the accessories, the amazing shoes, the hair practiced millions of times! Now all to think about is the makeup!

During the upcoming months to my prom; I continusouly was researching certain looks, ideas and ways colour had been used. I didn't want it to look over-the-top, but I still wanted it to be known that I had really thought about the look. For my first prom I wore a purple dress; which fits in perfectly with the 'Purple Prom Makeup' look that I'm going to show you-

. . .
. . .

EYES !

*Base-
-MAC EYESHADOW- new nude

*Crease-
-MAC EYESHADOW- subtly elegant (1st colour)
-MAC EYESHADOW- plum grand (2nd colour)
-MAC EYESHADOW- magic moor (3rd colour)
-MAC EYESHADOW- shadow lady (4th colour)
-CHARLOTTE TILBURY- the huntress (5th colour) 

*Outer-Corner of Lid-
-MAC EYESHADOW- nocturnelle 

*Inner-Corner of Lid-
-MAC EYESHADOW- tapeless

*Lower Lash Line-
-MAC EYESHADOW- nocturnelle

*Eyeliner-

-RIMMEL EYELINER (waterline)- nude

-RIMMEL EYELINER(wing)-scandaleyes black



*Tear Duct-


-MAC PIGMENT- white

-MAC PIGMENT- kitschmas



*Mascara-


-MAYBELLINE- great lash blackest black

-RIMMEL KATE- black

. . .


This is the completed eye look
I thoroughly enjoyed creating this look, because I felt like all of the colours blended together really well, and was able to create a clean cut look.  I used very well pigmented shadows; so that they would last longer, and be smudge proof, especially because of the occasion.







. . .

FACE !


-BENEFIT - the porefessinal

-LAURA MERCIER- foundation primer

- MAC- charged water skin hydrating mist

- L'OREAL FOUNDATION- infallible 24H (natural rose)

-RIMMEL CONCEALER- wake me up (classic beige)

-L'OREAL POWDER- true match (golden beige)


-ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS- brow definer (chocolate)

-ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS- pro pencil (base 1)

-MISS SPORTY- clear mascara

-TOPSHOP EYE BRIGHTENER- moonlight

-TOO FACED BRONZER/BLUSH - carrie + big


-CHARLOTTE TILBURY HIGHLIGHTER- bar of gold

. . . 


LIPS !


All three lip colours with the finished eyes-


. . .


-TOPSHOP- sweet orchid




-RIMMEL KATE- 38 (nude)



-MAC- up the amp

. . . 

The reason I chose to use three different lip colours; two of which were different shades of purple; was because I wanted to show how you can make the look give completely different effects. The Kate 38 (nude) gives a more subtle look, whilst Up The Amp gives a more dramatic look.

I also have thought of a couple of other shades that could be used to really make these eyes pop, and be extremely glamorous! 

These are-

- MAC- heroine



- MAC- double shot


-MAC- dark side



I hope you enjoyed this post; and it helped you start thinking about looks for your prom, or just general occasions!





Ellie









SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig